2021 University of KwaZulu-Natal Online Application For Admission
UKZN has two methods of applying.
Choose one of the following:
1. Online Web application
Masters(Research) and Doctoral Studies
- No closing date
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South Africa universities, if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payment.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
- South African First time Undergraduate applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za
Undergraduate Application Procedures for First Time South African Applicants
|Semester 1: January 2021|
- If you are a South African citizen and currently in Grade 12 or have completed.
your National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate and have never studied at UKZN before,
you have to make application to UKZN by completing a Central Application Office (CAO)
- If you are currently registered (or have been registered) at another institution for undergraduate studies and wish to apply for a transfer to UKZN, you must also complete the CAO application form.
|Where To Obtain A CAO Form|
- CAO website click on link www.cao.ac.za to download OR
- Contact the CAO on 031 268 4444 OR
- Apply on line: consult www.cao.ac.za OR
- Write to email@example.com OR
- Application fee payable to CAO R250 on-time and R470 for late applications
• Grade 12 learners must submit certified copies of their Grade 11 results (plus any available Grade 12 results) and their ID documents with the applications.
• Applicant wishing to transfer from other Universities must submit certified copies of their National Senior Certificates/Senior certificates as well as complete academic transcripts from their previous/current Universities with their applications.
|Closing Dates For South African Citizens|
• Semester 1 (January intake)
• Medicine: 31 July : No late applications are accepted.
• All other programmes: 30 September.
|Semester 2: (August Intake)
• Apply directly to UKZN.
• Applications close on the 30 April.
• Application fee payable to UKZN R200.
Other Universities in South Africa Online Application
The following are all Public and Private Universities in South Africa. Click on the individual schools in order to get the Online Application procedures and requirements
- University of Cape Town UCT Online Application
- University of Fort Hare UHF Online Application
- University of the Free State UFS Online Application
- University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZn Online Application
- University of Limpopo UL Online Application
- North-West University NWU Online Application
- University of Pretoria UP Online Application
- Rhodes University Online Application
- University of Stellenbosch SUN Online Application
- University of the Western Cape UWC Online Application
- University of the Witwatersrand WITS Online Application
- Mpumalanga University UMP Online Application
- Sol Plaatje University SPU Online Application
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences SMU Online Application
- University of Johannesburg UJ Online Application
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University NMMU Online Application
- University of South Africa UNISA Online Application
- University of Venda UNIVEN Online Application
- Walter Sisulu University UWS Online Application
- University of Zululand UNIZULU Online Application
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology CPUT Online Application
- Central University of Technology CUT Online Application
- Durban University of Technology DUT Online Application
- Mangosuthu University of Technology MUT Online Application
- Tshwane University of Technology TUT Online Application
- Vaal University of Technology VUT Online Application