University Of The Witwatersrand Online Application. We invite you to join us on our extraordinary journey to effect meaningful change in society and pave the way for a bright future for generations to come.
Things We Covered
STEP 1 – Apply Online
To apply online, go to www.wits.ac.za/applications/
You may apply for a maximum of three programmes (order of choice does not matter).
If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
- Do not enter the duration of the programme. You are applying to go into 1st year of study.
A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for foreign citizens, is required.
- For assistance call the Wits Student Call Centre on +27 (0) 11 717 1888.
Pay Application Fee
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for foreign citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates
- Use your Person Number or T Number as reference
STEP 2 – Acknowledgement of Application
- You will receive an email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application.
- The acknowledgment letter will contain a person number (which will become your student number), and a reference person for you to contact for any queries you may have.
- All records of correspondence from the University will be available on the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Check the status of your application and to do items on the student self-service portal regularly.
- Keep your contact details up-to-date on self-service.
To view all correspondence generated on the Self Service Portal, go to the Main Menu > Self Service > Wits Student Self Service > Communication History
To check your Application Status on the Self Service go to the Main Menu > Self Service > Student Centre > Admissions > View Academic Application Status
STEP 3 – Upload Supporting Documents
If you did not upload supporting documents at the time of application, you can still do so via the student self-service portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
Log in with your person number and the first six digits of your ID.
Current Matriculants: Upload your final Grade 11 results.
Already Matriculated: Upload certified copies of all your matric certificates/foreign school leaving certificates.
Other Tertiary Institutions: Upload a certified copy of official academic records for ALL tertiary registrations, inclusive of statement/certificate of good conduct, stamped by the institution’s registrar. (Note that interim, self-service generated results will be considered for initial assessment purposes for GEMP applicants ONLY).
STEP 4 – Acceptance of Offer
- Current Matriculants may be made a conditional offer (depending on Grade 11 results). Please note that certain programmes have additional selection criteria (interview/audition/NBT).
- Firm offers can only be confirmed after receiving final matric results.
- Each choice of degree is treated as a separate application. The order of choice makes no difference.
- Communication offering a firm place and information about registration and orientation programmewill reflect on the self service portal, and registration and orientation details will be available on the Wits website.
- Places are limited, therefore you may only accept one offer. You are required to respond to the offer within a few days to secure your place.
Changed your mind about your choice of study?
- DO NOT submit a new application!
- Refer to the closing dates to see if applications are still open for your new selection.
- If you are certain you want to change your programme choice, contact your Admissions Consultant to request the amendment to be processed. It is advisable to avoid multiple changes.
- Should your contact details change (e.g. email, residential or postal address or contact numbers) update your new details on the student self-service portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
Other Universities in South Africa Online Application
The following are all Public and Private Universities in South Africa. Click on the individual schools in order to get the Online Application procedures and requirements
- University of Cape Town UCT Online Application
- University of Fort Hare UHF Online Application
- University of the Free State UFS Online Application
- University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZn Online Application
- University of Limpopo UL Online Application
- North-West University NWU Online Application
- University of Pretoria UP Online Application
- Rhodes University Online Application
- University of Stellenbosch SUN Online Application
- University of the Western Cape UWC Online Application
- University of the Witwatersrand WITS Online Application
- Mpumalanga University UMP Online Application
- Sol Plaatje University SPU Online Application
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences SMU Online Application
- University of Johannesburg UJ Online Application
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University NMMU Online Application
- University of South Africa UNISA Online Application
- University of Venda UNIVEN Online Application
- Walter Sisulu University UWS Online Application
- University of Zululand UNIZULU Online Application
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology CPUT Online Application
- Central University of Technology CUT Online Application
- Durban University of Technology DUT Online Application
- Mangosuthu University of Technology MUT Online Application
- Tshwane University of Technology TUT Online Application
- Vaal University of Technology VUT Online Application