Is it your dream to study pharmacy in Ghana? if yes and you are at the right place. Below are the list of School that can make your dreams of becoming a Pharmacist become reality.
List of Pharmacy Schools in Ghana
Things We Covered
- 1 University of Ghana School of Pharmacy
- 2 Baldwin University College Ghana
- 3 Central University College
- 4 The University of Health and Allied Sciences, HO
- 5 Phersons Health College
- 6 University for Development Studies
- 7 Kings University College, Accra
- 8 Avenue Chemist M.C.A Training School
- 9 DARDA Health Pre-University, KASOA
- 10 Sunyani Technical University
- 11 Kumasi Technical University
- 12 Ghana College of Pharmacists
- 13 Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology
- 14 Royal Ann Health College Ghana
- 15 Entrance University College of health – Spintex Road Accra
- 16 Family Health Medical School
- The University of Ghana School of Pharmacy (UGSOP) was established in 2007 as a constituent of the College of Health Sciences.
- Baldwin University College offers students a rich, multidimensional educational experience in an academically challenging environment
- The Programme emphasizes problem solving, critical thinking, and patient-focused content, and experiential opportunities across the breadth of practice.
- The School of Pharmacy is taking giant strides in the undergraduate training of her students. These students undergo six-year practice-oriented training in the PharmD degree programme
Phersons Health College
- Phersons Health College has been at the forefront of preparing students personally and professionally to achieve their vocational calling
The University for Development Studies (UDS) is Ghana’s first public University in the North. It was established by the Government of Ghana by PNDC Law 279 and gazette on 15th May, 1992 with aims:
- Kings University College (KUC) is one of the most sought after private universities in Ghana. It is institutionally affiliated to the University of Cape Coast, Ghana
Avenue Chemist M.C.A Training School
Avenue Chemists is an agency that provides Pharmaceutical services, Medicine Counter Assistant Training and and Job Placement services in Ghana
- DARDA, operate as a private institution with a Senior High School status (pre-tertiary) and not a tertiary institution.
In 1997, Sunyani Technical Institute was upgraded to Sunyani Polytechnic (SPOLY) in line with government policy to stress Technical/Vocational Education and Training (TVET) at the tertiary level
- The faculty accommodate more programmes in health sciences in order to augment the health care workforce in Ghana.
- The Mandate of the College is to: Promote specialist training in pharmacy, and related disciplines, Promote continuous professional development in pharmacy and related disciplines Promote research in pharmaceutical practice and related disciplines, and Contribute to the formulation of policies on sound health, medicines, and public health general.
- Pharmacology is the study of the changes produced in living animals by chemical substances, especially the actions of drugs used to treat disease.
- Royal Ann College of Health shall become Centre of Excellence for health care training in Ghana.
- The program is accredited by the National Accreditation Board and is taught by very competent members of faculty in the field.
- Family Health University College now comprises a Hospital, Nursing and Midwifery School and Ghana’s first Private Medical School