Ghana School of Law is the leading Law School in the Sub-region and serves students from other Commonwealth countries in the Sub-region.
Ghana School of Law Courses
- Law of Evidence
- Company and Commercial Procedure
- Interpretation of Deeds and Statutes
- Criminal Procedure
- Law Practice Management and Accountancy
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Ghana School of Law Admission Requirement
To qualify for admission to the Ghana School of Law for the Professional Law Course, applicants must be successful at the Entrance Examination. The categories of applicants listed below are eligible to write the Entrance Examination:
- ALL LLB graduates from the Faculties of Law of Public Universities in Ghana, including KNUST, Kumasi; University of Ghana(Legon) and GIMPA approved by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) and the General Legal Council (GLC).
- ALL LLB graduates from the Faculties of Law of Private University Colleges in Ghana approved by the NAB and GLC.
- ALL Ghanaian LLB graduates or holders of equivalent law degrees from Universities in the United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America and other common law jurisdictions who have obtained passes in all the prescribed subjects/courses for admission to the Professional Law Course.
- For the avoidance of doubt, applicants from overseas/foreign Universities who possess LLB certificates or certificates for equivalent law degrees shall be eligible to write the Entrance Examination if such applicants have passed the subjects below at the LLB or equivalent level:
- Ghana Constitutional Law
- Ghana Legal System and Methods
- Criminal Law
- Law of Equity and Succession
- Law of Torts
- Law of Contract
- Law of Immovable Property
- Company Law
- Commercial Law
In addition to the nine (9) subjects listed above, applicants must have studied and passed any one of the following subjects:
- Law of Natural Resources
- Environmental Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Law of Taxation
Applicants who are admitted to undertake the Professional Law Course are enrolled as Barristers at Law and Solicitors of the Supreme Court upon their successful completion of the Course.
Acceptance of Admission
To be paid before first term
To be paid before Second term
Ghana School of Law Contact Details
P.O.Box GP 179,
Makola, Accra, Ghana.
Tel: (+233)-302-663246 / (+233)-302-664822
Email: [email protected]