Ghana Communication Technology University (GCTU) is a technology oriented institution of higher learning, committed to providing an educational experience of the highest quality.
Things We Covered
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programmes
- SSSCE/WASSCE –
Applicants must have grades A1-C6 in their core and elective subjects. This includes Mathematics, English Language, Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicants area of study.
- ‘O’ Level/‘A ’Level –
Credits in at least five (5) subjects at the GCE‘O’ Level (or
its equivalent including English Language and Mathematics, plus at least three
(3) credit passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced level.
- GBCE/ –
Credit passes in Business Mathematics, English Language and Integrated
Science and three (3) elective subjects.
Applicants applying for admission must satisfy the following entry requirement:
- Attain a minimum age of twenty-five (25) years at the time of applying.
- Show proof of age with birth certificate / baptismal certificate / weighing card which is five (5) years old.
- Must pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination in Mathematics, English Language and General Paper. Engineering students will write papers in Mathematics, English Language and Physics.
OTHER CERTIFICATIONS FOR DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- American Grade 12
Holders must have relevant Academic qualification. This must be evaluated by National Accreditation Board(NAB).
- City & Guilds
Diploma in Electrical Electronic Engineering or Advanced Diploma in Microcomputer Technology/ any relevant I.T programmes.
- International Baccalaureate
(IB)/Diploma holders will go through a compulsory three (3) months English Proficiency class before starting their programme. They should also submit both the original and translated versions of their results slips to National Accreditation Board (NAB) for verification and equivalency before applying.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR “TOP UP” APPLICANTS
- Higher National Diploma (HND) relevant to the programme of study from a recognized Polytechnic with at least 2nd Class Lower Division.
- Verifiable Diplomas relevant to the programme of study from accredited tertiary institutions. This will be assessed on individual basis and will need verification from the National Accreditation Board (NAB).
ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- WASSCE applicants must have grades “A1 – D7” in their core and elective subjects. This includes, English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicant’s area of study.
- SSSCE/GBCE applicants must have grades “A – D” in both their core and elective subjects. This includes English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies and any three elective subjects which are relevant to the applicant’s area of study.
How to Apply for Admission
- Visit GCTU website: www.gctu.edu.gh.
- Download the application form online and fill.
- You may also obtain a hard copy of the form from our various Campuses
Tesano Campus: – Adjacent Police Training School, Tesano, Accra
Kumasi Campus at Amanfrom – University Junction– Off the main Barekese Road,
Koforidua Campus, Vodafone building,
Ho Learning Centre, Vodafone Regional Head Office,
Takoradi Learning Centre, Vodafone Regional Office
- Remember to attach your passport sized photograph and other documents relevant to your application.
- Applicants with statement of results from West African Examination Council (WAEC) must add WAEC SCRATCH card(s) to their application form depending on the number of sittings
Applicants should please note that application submitted will not be processed until the cost of application form of GH¢150.00 is settled with banker’s draft from any bank.
Note: All professional and other entry qualifications will need verification from the National Accreditation Board (NAB).
Ghana Communication Technology University Programmes
Faculty of Engineering (FoE)
|Programme (4 years)|
|BSc. Telecommunications Engineering|
|BSc. Computer Engineering|
Faculty of Computing & Information Systems (FoCIS)
|Programme (4 years)|
|Diploma in Information Technology (2 Years)|
|BSc. Informatics (4yrs/Top up)|
|BSc. Information Technology (4yrs/Top up)|
|BSc. Mobile Computing (4yrs/Top up)|
|BSc. Computer Science|
|BSc. Software Engineering|
|BSc. Business Information Systems|
Faculty of IT Business (FoITB)
|BSc. Accounting with Computing|
|BSc. Procurement and Logistics|
|B.Sc Banking and Finance|
|Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Special areas include:|
|Diploma Programmes (2years)|
|Diploma in Public Relations Management|
|Diploma in Management|
|Diploma in Accounting|
|Diploma in marketing|
Ghana Communication Technology University Contact Details
Tel: +233(0) 302 221446/302 21412/302 221479
Digital Adress: GA-167-2979
PMB 100, Tesano, Accra – Ghana
Off J.A Kuffour Avenue, Adjacent the Police Training School, Tesano, Accra