UNISA Teaching Practice Office
Teaching Practice Office
To provide excellent services for student-teachers as well as meaningful school based learning experiences
The office strives to provide excellent service regarding student-teachers’ school placement and support during teaching practice as guided by the HEQC/ CHE principles. Unisa establishes partnerships with other institutions of learning to support students during their Teaching Practice.
The objectives of the Teaching Practice Office are to:
- Ensure that all student-teachers are placed in functional schools.
- Offer training to all Supervisors (Associate Tutors) and Mentor Teachers where student-teachers are placed for Teaching Practice.
- Review all assessments correspondent by Supervisors (Associate Tutors) to ensure that the quality of assessment is of an acceptable standard.
- Report all ill-disciplined student Teachers to relevant department in the University.
- Establish partnership with institutions of learning beyond South Africa for Teaching Practice support.
- Undertake critical research activities for the improvement of Teaching Practice.
- Extend online access and support to students through Teacher Centres