Unisa Application 2021
2021 application for admission
University of South Africa Unisa Application are opened for all interested and qualified applicants. Undergraduate qualifications: higher certificates, diplomas & degrees, advanced certificates, advanced diplomas, Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) & BTech degrees:
14 August – 29 September
Unisa Application for Honours and postgraduate diplomas & master’s and doctoral degrees:
11 September – 13 November
Are you ready to apply for admission?
Who must apply?
Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission.
When may I apply?
Unisa will accept applications for admission to the 2021 academic year from 1 September to 15 December 2020 (CTA programmes have an earlier closing date). Additional application dates may be announced if there are still spaces available for the 2021 academic year.
What do I need to apply?
You need to check that you qualify for admission and that you have the necessary documents ready to upload during the application process.
I am sure…
- that I meet the statutory and college admission requirements for my qualification(s) of choice
- that I have a valid e-mail address and cellphone number, and I accept that Unisa will communicate with me during the application process using this e-mail address and cellphone number
* Please provide only one e-mail address and one cellphone number during the application process.
** If you previously studied through Unisa, Unisa will communicate with you via your myLife e-mail address.
I have the following documents scanned & uploaded to an electronic device
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) stating all the years of registration, modules passed and percentages obtained (internet copies will not be accepted)
* International students must also upload a copy of the university ledger.
** A SAQA evaluation may be required for international students
*** Final-year students (excluding Unisa students) who do not yet have an official academic record indicating completion of qualification must upload the official academic record to Unisa by 31 January 2021. Submission after this date could delay the processing of your application.
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
* Some qualifications may require additional documents. Unisa reserves the right to request original documents and / to verify the correctness of submitted documents at any time. Submitting fraudulent documents is an offence in terms of the Student Disciplinary Code.
I am sure that my documents are scanned according to the rules
Follow the instructions carefully when completing the online application process. Only upload the required documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
- Files are not larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file).
Apply for admission
Upload supporting documents
Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and Unisa students starting a new qualification).
Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
Pay the application fee once you’ve received a student number from Unisa
- R115 for online applications
- The application fee is only applicable to students who do NOT have a formal Unisa student number.
- Use the student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (ie STUDENTNUMBER 5370810030)
- Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking details and payment information.
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa or do not qualify for admission to Unisa. Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
The due date for the application fee is the closing date for the application period. Any application submitted without an application fee will not be processed. Please ensure that you keep a copy of your proof of payment.
Make sure that your application is complete
If your application for admission to study through Unisa is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period.