Things We Covered
- 1 How To Apply | Unisa Application
- 2 Who must apply?
- 3 What’s new for 2018?
- 4 How to apply?
How To Apply | Unisa Application
How To Apply | Unisa Application, you need the documents below :
1) A certified copy of the green bar coded ID
2) Proof of payment of any relevant application fees
3) Certified copy of grade 11 results and any latest grade 12 results
For a full list of tips to remember before you apply, read here. Applicants must check individual further requirements for each course and each tertiary institution. Please also be aware of NBTs and check with your university if you need NBT results to apply. For more information on NBT’s click here.
FYI: South Africans learners wishing to apply online will need a working email address and an ID number. Foreign learners wishing to apply will need to have their passport number.
UNISA IMPORTANT INFORMATION
University of South Africa Unisa Online Applications 2019
University of South Africa Unisa Online Registration Guidelines
University of South Africa Unisa Prospectus 2019
University of South Africa UNISA Admission Requirements 2019
University of South Africa Unisa how to apply
University of South Africa UNISA Application 2019
University of South Africa UNISA Application Forms 2019
How Much is University of South Africa UNISA Application Fee?
How to Check University of South Africa UNISA Application Status
University of South Africa UNISA TVET colleges Application
University of South Africa UNISA Application Closing Date
University of South Africa UNISA Courses
University of South Africa Student Fees and Funding Aids
University of South Africa UNISA Admission for International students
How does University of South Africa Unisa works
University of South Africa UNISA fees and how to pay
Students with disabilities University of South Africa UNISA
University of South Africa Unisa payment methods and banking details
MyUNISA IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Who must apply?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants, Unisa students changing to a new qualification and applicants who previously applied for admission but were not offered a space.
- Everyone completing a Higher Certificate or Alternative Pathway / Extended Programme must apply for admission to the follow-on qualification.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and received feedback, but did not register for any reason.
- Everyone planning to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
What’s new for 2018?
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your applications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (ie either semester 1 or semester 2).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time.
Why happens if I don’t accept Unisa’s offer?
- The university will withdraw your offer and give your space to another applicant.
- You will not be able to register for the 2018 academic year.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission (ie semester 1 or semester 2). Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
University of South Africa Application Procedure | How to Apply University of South Africa
Check your documents & confirm that you are ready to apply
Please note that if you don’t meet the exact requirements listed below, your application will be declined and you will have to re-apply during the next application period.
I am sure…
- that Open Distance Learning (ODL) and Unisa are for me
- about my career
- that I have chosen the correct Unisa qualification(s) for my career choice
- that I meet the statutory and college admission requirements for my qualification(s) of choice
- that I have a valid e-mail address and cellphone number, and I accept that Unisa will communicate with me during the application process using this e-mail address and cellphone number. Please ensure that you provide only one e-mail address and one cellphone number during the application process.
I have the following documents scanned & uploaded to an electronic device
All applicants starting a new qualification must upload all the required documents:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
*Some qualifications may require additional documents. Unisa reserves the right to request original documents and / to verify the correctness of submitted documents at any time. Submitting fraudulent documents is an offence in terms of the Student Disciplinary Code.
I am sure that my documents are scanned according to the rules
Follow the instructions carefully when completing the online application process. Only upload the required documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
- Files are not larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file)
How to apply?
Ways to apply
- You can apply online (currently closed).
- Applicants who plan to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement may apply via the relevant TVET college or at Unisa via the online or self-help options.
Upload supporting documents
Everyone applying for a new qualification must submit the required documents (all first-time applicants and Unisa students starting a new qualification).
Unisa does not provide scanners or electronic devices. Please ensure that your documents are scanned and uploaded to an electronic device before starting the application process.
Pay the application fee once you’ve received a student number from Unisa
- R105 for online applications
- R160 for hard copy applications (non-degree purposes only)
- Use the student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (ie STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030)
- Visit www.unisa.ac.za/payment info for banking details and payment information.
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa or do not qualify for admission to Unisa. Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
The due date for the application fee is the closing date for the application period. Any application submitted without an application fee will not be processed. Please ensure that you keep a copy of your proof of payment.
Make sure that your application is complete
If your application for admission to study through Unisa is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period.