UMAT 2020/2021 Admission Forms and Requirements,Applications are invited from suitably qualified SCHOOL LEAVERS, NON SCHOOL LEAVERS and SPECIAL CASES.
UNIVERSITY OF MINES AND TECHNOLOGY ADMISSION GUIDELINES AND FORMS
Application to UMAT is basically online or offline depending on your preference by following the following steps stated below. To become a student at the University of Mines and Technology, you have to note the following:
- The Banks and Post Offices have been furnished with a list of serial numbers with their corresponding Personal Idenitification Numbers (PIN) for the sale of the forms.
- On payment for the forms, the Bank and the Post Offices will issue apayment receipt containing a unique serial number with its corresponding PIN per each purchased.
- The serial number and the PIN will be used by the applicant as the login details on the UMaT online Admission System.
- Applicants are required to purchase and submit one set of application form only. Any applicant who submits more than one set of forms shall be disqualified. Any form that is not fully completed at the time of submission shall not be considered.
- Candidates who will write the WASSCE in 2020 can apply, but MUST add their results to their applications when the results are released.
- Applicants should know that only results provided at the time of submitting the appication will be used in selecting students
Note that no application will be processed without proof of payment of the fee.
Check the University of Mines and Technology, UMaT Prospectus below for further information.
UNIVERSITY OF MINES AND TECHNOLOGY APPLICATION FEE
Application and Payment Details for Ghanaian Applicants
- Currently, the cost of one set of application forms for BSc programmes is Two Hundred Ghana Cedis (GH¢200.00).
- The cost of Diploma programmes is One Hundred and Seventy Five Ghana Cedis (GH¢175.00) and
- One Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢150.00) for Certificate programmes for Ghanaian applicants.
The application forms for admission (Ghanaians only) can be purchased at the following places.
- Post Offices
- Cal Bank
- GCB Bank
- Zenith Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- Access Bank
Application and Payment Details for International Students
- The cost for international applicants is Hundred US Dollars (US$100.00) for BSc programmes, Eighty Five US Dollars (US$85.00) and Seventy Five US Dollars (US$75.00) for Diploma programmes AND Certificate programmes respectively
All International applicants are required to fill a form to request for application Login details. Applicants are to do online application and thereafter scan their results slips/Baccalaureate and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
The minimum admission requirement into the University of Mines and Technology for WASSCE applicants is aggregate 36. For SSSCE applicants, the minimum requirement is aggregate 24 (BSc Programmes).The following table shows this grading system and the SSSCE equivalent grades.
Grade Aggregate System for WASSC and SSSC Holders
|WASSCE||SSCE||GRADE||INTERPRETATION OF GRADES|
The minimum entry requirement is aggregate 36 for applicants with WASSCE and 24 for applicants with SSSCE.
Applicants with Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificates
Applicant must have GCE Ordinary Level Certificate or its equivalent with passes in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, and GCE Advanced Level Certificate with passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Applicants should be at least 25 years of age and should have SSS or GCE ‘O’ Level Certificate with credits in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject plus experience in the relevant area of study in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and / or an interview. Mature applicants must also possess birth certificates which are, at least, five (5) years old after the date of issue.
Applicants with equivalent qualifications will be considered for admission. All foreign applicants should apply online by visiting: www.admissions.umat.edu.gh
Applicants who satisfy UMaT’s minimum entry requirement of aggregate 36 but cannot meet the competitive departmental cut-off aggregate can apply for admission provided they have sponsorship to cover their full fees throughout their study at UMaT. All fee paying applicants must select “Fee-Paying” under source of funding while completing their applications forms.
International applicants from accredited/recognized institutions with equivalent qualifications will be considered for admission.
Applicants with international Baccaleureate in science are eligible to apply. Such applicants must also possess a proficiency certificate in English. Please note that all certificates should be translated into English. Equivalences with regard to the certificates would be sought at the National Accreditation Board.
Six (6) credits with aggregate 24 or better at the West African Senior School Certificate Examinations (WAEC/SSSCE/NECO/A-LEVEL) including English Language and Mathematics and the elective subjects relevant to the choice of programme or their equivalent.
The University of Mines and Technology announces for the information of the general public that applications are open for the admission of prospective applicants into various undergraduate programmes for the 2018/2019 academic year. All prospective applicants are advised to visit the University’s website www.umat.edu.gh and carefully read all relevant information and guidelines before applying. As a policy, the University admits applicants from all races and nationalities, irrespective of their religious, cultural, social or ethnic persuasions. There is no minimum age limit for admission to any of the approved programmes of study of the University. All Bachelor degree programmes take a duration of 8 semesters (4 years) to complete.
ADMISSION TO DIPLOMA PROGRAMME IN GENERAL DRILLING
An applicant must satisfy any of the following:
- SSCE Holders: Six Passes (A-D) in all subjects which are English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, Physics, Elective Mathematics, Chemistry or Metal Work or Technical Drawing or Applied Electricity or Applied
- WASSCE Holders:
- Passes (A1-D7) in English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated
- Must posses a minimum of C6 in the following subjects: Physics, Elective Mathematics, Chemistry or Metal Work or Technical Drawing or Applied Electricity or Applied
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level credits in five (5) subjects including English language, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics; and General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level passes in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- GCE Ordinary Level Certificate with credits or SSCE with Passes in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus experince in the relevant area of
- City and Guilds of London Institute Part III Certificate or its equivalent in either Mechanical, Automobile, or Electrical
- Holders of Certificate of Proficiency in General Drilling (one year course) from University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa or a recognised institution are
- Mature applicants: Applicants should be at least 25 years of age and should have SSSC/WASSC or GCE O’ Level Certificate with credits in five subjects including English Language, Mathematics and a science subject with experience in the relevant area of Applicants must pass a written examination and /or an interview. Mature applicants must also possess birth certificates which are, at least, five (5) years old after the date of issue.
- Foreign applicants with equivalent certificates and grades are
CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME IN SMALL-SCALE MINE AND QUARRY ADMINISTRATION
- Applicants with SSS Five passes (A-E) in all subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated
- Applicants with WASS Certificate Five passes (A- D7) in all subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated
- Applicants with Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificates Candidates must have FIVE passes in all subjects of GCE O Level including English Language, Mathematics and
NOTE: This is a weekend (Saturday and Sunday) programme.