Things We Covered
University Of Energy And Natural Resource 2021/2022 Programmes and Requirements
The following are the courses offered in University of Energy and Natural Resources.
List of programmes Offered at UENR
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
- BSc. Agricultural Engineering
- BSc. Civil Engineering
- BSc. Computer Engineering
- BSc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- BSc. Environmental Engineering
- BSc. Mechanical Engineering
- BSc. Petroleum Engineering
- BSc. Renewable Energy Engineering
- Diploma Electrical and Electronic Engineering
SCHOOL OF SCIENCES
- BSc. Actuarial Science
- BSc Biological Sciences
- BSc. Chemistry
- BSc. Computer Science
- BSc. Information Technology
- BSc. Mathematics
- BSc. Medical Biodiagnostic Sciences
- BSc. Nursing
- BSc. Statistics
- Diploma Computer Science
- Diploma Information Technology
- Diploma Insurance
- Diploma Statistics
SCHOOL OF NATURAL RESOURCES
- BSc. Fire and Disaster Management
- BSc. Natural Resources (with options in)
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Forest Resource Management
- Land Reclamation and Restoration
- Social Forestry
- Wildlife and Range Management
3. Diploma Natural Resources Management
SCHOOL OF LAW AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- BSc. Hospitality Management
- BSc. Professional French
- BSc. Resource Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Diploma Enterprise Management
- Diploma Hospitality Management
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE AND TECHNOLOGY (DORMAA AHENKRO CAMPUS)
- BSc. Agribusiness
- BSc. Agriculture with options in
- Animal Production
- Crop Production
3. Diploma Agriculture
Below are the requirements for the listed courses above :
(a) A Four Year Degree Programme
- SSSCE holders with credit passes (A-D) in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies plus credit passes (A-D) in Three Elective subjects relevant to the programme of study with an aggregate score of 24 or better.
- WASSCE holders with credit passes (A-C ) in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies plus credit passes (A-C ) in Three Elective subjects relevant to the programme of study with an aggregate score of 36 or better.
- ADVANCED LEVEL holders with credit in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English and Mathematics, plus at least two passes in the subjects relevant to the programme of study.
- HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA HOLDERS in a related course with at least 2 Class Lower Division. In addition, applicants must have acquired at least Two (2) years post HND working experience.
- UNIVERSITY DIPLOMA HOLDERS in a related course with at least A. In addition applicants must have acquired at least Two (2) years post Diploma working experience.
- MATURE STUDENTS. The applicant must have attained at least, the age of 25 years at the time of application, and show proof of the age with a birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of the date of birth which must be confirmed on the WASSCE Certificate (if the applicant is WASSCE holder). In addition, applicants must pass a Mature Applicants’ Entrance Examination conducted by the University in English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test. (The Entrance Examination would be held on Saturday, August 04, 2018.)
- FOREIGN APPLICANTS who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalences from an accredited/recognized institution.
- OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
Other qualifications acceptable for consideration include
International Baccalaureate (IB), IGCSE, American Grade 13 Examinations and other external qualifications which have equivalences to the WASSCE/SSSCE and the GCE (A Levels).
(b) A Two Year Diploma Programme
- SSSCE holders with passes (A-E) in all subjects, including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies plus 3 passes (A-E) in Three Elective subjects relevant to the programme of study.
- WASSCE holders with passes (A-E ) in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies plus passes (A-E ) in Three Elective subjects relevant to the programme of study.
Candidates with Science, Business, General Arts, Visual Art, Home Economics and General Agriculture background can apply for the BSc Hospitality Management and BSc Entrepreneurship and Resource Management programmes.