Master of Philosophy In Management Information Systems (MPHIL MIS)
The usefulness of IS in contemporary organisations is reflected in the current trend of technology integration in public and private sector organisations. But this integration should be based on a systematic understanding of the relationships between information technology and organisations as well as the co-evolution of this relationship.
The MPhil MIS programme equips students with knowledge and skills to carry out original research, thinking independently, critically analyzing data, and disseminating knowledge through publication and teaching. The programme will present a balance between the organisational and technical themes that will equip students with knowledge on the theory and practice of information systems.
Applicants must hold undergraduate degrees:
- They must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Those with a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree may be admitted directly after their
- Those with 2nd Class Lower degree should have a minimum of two years work experience.
- They may come from a variety of backgrounds but must have a basic knowledge and skills in IT.
- A formal interview may be used to determine all applicants’ ability to take and pass the most technical courses of the programme.
|SOT701A||Organisational Study||SOT702A||Database and Programming Concepts|
|SOT703A||IS Management||SOT704A||Networks and Telecommunications|
|SOT705A||Systems Analysis &||GMBA601||Managing Organizations|
|SOT707A||Information Risk and||SOT720A||MIS Research Seminar|
|SOT709A||IS Research Methods|