Steps To Check National Service Pin, A NSS pin code is an electronic generated pin used as a personal identification number by the aspiring students enrolling to the National Service Scheme. The pin was introduced according to the National Service Act of 1980, and was intended to offer legal and constitutional support to the scheme. NSS private pin code is very necessary in Ghana since, you will not succeed in the job market without the government recommendation.
What the NSS pin code entails
An example of a NSS Pin Code is, GUG325618 where;
GUG- initials for Graduate of University of Ghana. However, these alphabets might change depending with the name of institution you attended.
3256- Is the prospective service persons unique number
18- Implies that the person will be among the slot graduating in 2018
The National Service Scheme Pin codes are used during the online registration, and when retrieving a forgotten NSS number. Well, those applying the Pin codes to work on their own are granted a GPV code. Lastly, the NSS pin codes are only released at the beginning of the year; Mostly on February and March.
NSS pin code request
To acquire the Pin code, prospective candidates are requested to visit the National Service Scheme Portal and follow the below procedure.
Under the application menu, click on ‘my NSS pin code’
Enter your school index number or school ID number on the search box.
NSS pin code check
After acquiring the NSS pin code, aspiring National Service personnel are requested deposit GHS 40 to any branch of the Agricultural Development Bank Ltd or deposit the registration amount of GHS 41 via the MTN Money.
Steps to follow when you opt for MTN money
1. Dial *170# 2. Choose option
2 (pay bill)
3. Choose option for general payments
4. Enter the NSS Pin code as the payment code; Type NSS followed by a space then your pin code
5. Confirm your name
6. Enter the amount to deposit; GHS 41 (any amount less than this is not acceptable)
7. Enter the NSS reference
8. Then enter a pin to confirm the payment You will then receive two confirmation messages; one from MTN mobile and the other one from NSS Ghana.
How to get your NSS number
After depositing the registration fee, login to the NSS website ,then on the ‘application’ tab, click ‘enroll’.Then;
1. Click on new enrollment option.
2. Enter your correct NSS Pin code and key in your school index number or ID number.
3. Click on ‘get enrollment form’
4. A form with your name, the institution you attended and the course you pursued will appear if you filled the form correctly. If otherwise, your form will be rejected.
5. Upload your passport photo (should be less than 1mb or approximately 3.5 by 4.5cm), then submit your complete form.
6. The system now will generate and send a NSS number.
7. Click back to the previous window and click on ‘query enrollment’ option.
8. Enter the system generated NSS number, your index number or your school ID number
9. Click on ‘get enrollment form ‘tab. Your complete form will now appear bearing your passport photo.
10. Print the form and keep a copy.
Working and schooling service persons should fill the appropriate fields carefully, and send copies of study leave letter to the National Service Scheme headquarter or to their nearest offices through their fax line;03221-769074 or 03321-772714.