National Student Financial Aid Scheme Sbux
National Student Financial Aid Scheme Sbux : In January, National Student Financial Aid Scheme introduced a new system called sBux to pay eligible students their allowances in the following categories: Food, Books, Private accommodation and Travel
- If you are eligible for allowances, National Student Financial Aid Scheme will pay your allowances in the form of vouchers, which are sent to your cell phone.
- The vouchers have a unique number and can only be used once.
- You are able to spend these sBux vouchers at registered sBux merchants.
- If you receive travel allowances, you are able to redeem cash vouchers at Shoprite, Checkers, Boxer, U-Save and select Spar stores.
- You may not redeem food, books or private accommodation vouchers into cash.
• Your own cell phone and valid SIM card
• To have signed your National Student Financial Aid Scheme Loan Agreement Form/Statement of Particulars
• Ensure that your landlord is registered on sBux, if staying in private accommodation.
• Sign your LAF/ SOP
• Receive an SMS welcoming you to sBux
• Verify your account by dialing *134*176# and reply with your ID number
• Receive a password that you will use when transacting
• Your vouchers will be made available for spending
• For all queries, please contact the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Contact Centre on 0860 067 327
• You can also send queries or feedback to [email protected]
• For forgotten passwords or change number requests, the Contact Centre will assist you
Will all students receive their allowances through sBux? Please note that only students studying at the following Universities and TVET Colleges, which are participating in the New Student-Centered Model, may receive their allowances through sBux:
Durban University of Technology
Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
University of Venda
Sol Plaatje University
University of Mpumalanga
King Hintsa TVET College
Motheo TVET College
Orbit TVET College
Central Johannesburg TVET College
South Cape TVET College
Ekurhuleni West TVET College
Cape Town TVET College
Buffalo City TVET College
Vhembe TVET College
West Coast TVET College
sBux numbers to date:
Since 2014, over 3 million transactions have been processed on the sBux system and nearly R 500 million has been disbursed to students to date.
There are over 80,000 student accounts on sBux.
There are over 2,700 merchants registered on sBux with the majority being food merchants.