Islamic University College 2022/2023 Programmes and Requirements
Islamic University College 2022/2023 Programmes and Requirements, The list of Courses offered in Islamic University College are listed below.
BBA Banking and Finance
BBA Human Resource Management
BBA Management Information Systems
BA Religious Studies (Islamic Studies)
BA Communication Studies (Journalism)
BA Communication Studies (Public Relations)
BA Communication Studies (Advertisement)
MPhil Islamic Studies
Islamic University College 2021/2022 Entry Requirements
Islamic University College 2021/2022 Entry Requirements, Applications will be opened for the admission of prospective applicants into various undergraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 academic year in January 2021.
IUCG Admission Requirements
The University admits the following categories of students into Level 100 (first year) of the 4-year bachelor degree programme:
- Holders of Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) of West African Examinations Council (WAEC) with passes (at Grade D or better) in core English, core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies plus three elective subjects, with an aggregate of 24 or better.
- Holders of West African Senior Secondary (School) Certificate Examination (WASSCE) of WAEC with passes (at Grade C6 or better) in core English, core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies plus three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 36 or better.
- Candidates with a combination of SSSCE and WASSCE may also apply.
- Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level with five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) GCE ‘A’ Level passes and a pass in General Paper. One of the ‘A’ Level passes must be at grade D or better.
- Holders of (i) Ghana GCE ‘O’ Level with five (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics, (ii) Teachers’ Post-Secondary School Certificate (2- or 3-year) without Diploma, and (iii) other High-School-equivalent certificates (local or foreign) are encouraged to apply as Mature applicants.
- Holders of other qualifications [such as Professional certificates and Diplomas: HND (First and Second Class), ICA, CIM, etc.; RSA II and above, DBS (with Distinction), GIJ certificate, Teachers’ Diploma, a University degree in unrelated subject] can apply and would be considered for placement into Level 200 or 300 on a case-by-case basis at an interview. (Applications should include relevant transcripts and SSSCE/WASSCE/GCE result slips).
- Mature applicants with a minimum age of 27 years who do not necessarily satisfy the above standard requirement for admission but have reasonable educational background and 3 years working experience or have demonstrated ability for academic work. Such applicants shall have to pass a University Entrance Examination in English (Essay, Comprehension, Grammar and Usage) and General Paper (Quantitative Methods, Critical and Logical Thinking, and Current Affairs) and may be required to pass an interview. (Applications should include a copy each of Birth Certificate, Letters showing First and Current Employment, and any other relevant examination results.
- Foreign students with qualifications equivalent to those in (a), (b), (c) and (d) above may be considered for admission. They must, however, show evidence of proficiency in English Language.