The Electoral Commission of the Students Representative Council of the Ghana Institute of Journalism has released the results from the vetting of aspirants for the various offices being contested for in the forthcoming 2018 SRC elections.
At the vetting held from Thursday April 19 – Saturday April 21, aspirants were asked, among things, their basic knowledge on the operations of the SRC as well as the policies they will implement should they be elected into office.
The results were released yesterday [April 23] at a press conference organized by the EC.
Per the results released by the Electoral Commission, all aspirants who were vetted are eligible to contest in the 2018 election.
The vetting results are as follows:
- Kwasi Nimo Junior – QUALIFIED
- Emmanuel Kumah – QUALIFIED
- Orlando Tettey – QUALIFIED
- Razak Musbau – QUALIFIED
- Jessica Naa Adoley Moffatt – QUALIFIED
- Dennis Mitterand Oheneba – QUALIFIED
- Nana Ofori Apau – QUALIFIED
External Affairs Commissioner
- Paul Gozo – QUALIFIED
- Justice Agbenosi – QUALIFIED
- Joshua Asafo- QUALIFIED
- Redeemer Buatsi – QUALIFIED
- Adriana Adu – QUALIFIED
- Faiza Ibrahim – QUALIFIED
- Boakye Agnes Edna – QUALIFIED
Following the release of the vetting results, the Electoral Commissioner, Mr. Shadrack Nkrumah announced that the lifting of the ban on campaigning.
The 2018 GIJ SRC elections is scheduled for April 29 and 30, 2018.
The 29th April voting is for the Weekend school and the April 30 voting for Regular students