Studying at GIJ offers numerous advantages. The school attracts lecturers and speakers who are experts in the field as well as students who already work in media and communication. Thus students gain invaluable opportunities to learn from peers and practitioners.
The Institute is conveniently located at Ringway, Osu, close to the centre of major businesses and Ministries of Government in Accra. It is a few minutes from the Parliament House, Accra Conference Centre, National Theatre, and main sports stadium, making it easy for students to cover a wide range of events.
Ghana Institute of Journalism Programmes
The Institute offers the following main programmes:
- A two-year Diploma in Communication Studies
- A four/three year B. A. in Communication Studies
- A two-year B.A. in Communication Studies Top-Up Programme for Diploma
- A 15-Month intensive MA Programmes.
How to Apply
A: ON-LINE APPLICATION
- Pay your application fee at any Fidelity Bank Branch by providing your name and telephone number. Applicants will be required to fill a form before they are served.
- You will be provided your application number at the bank.
- After purchasing the e-voucher, applicants should follow the instructions given by going to http://registration.gij.edu.gh/apply/start to complete the on-line application.
B: INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS APPLYING FROM ABROAD
- International applicants should apply using the following link to access the online application form for completion and submission.
- All applicants are expected to pay to the Institute a non-refundable application processing fee paid directly or wire transferred into the Ghana Institute of Journalism Foreign Account.
Account Number : 1971031304445
Swift Code : FBLIGHAC
Ghana Institute of Journalism Contact Details
32nd Gamel Abdul Nasser Road
Address: P.O.Box GP 667, Accra
Phone:(+233) 302 228336
Fax:+233 302 221750
Email: [email protected]