Central University is an educational Initiative of the International Central Gospel Church (ICGC).
It has its origins in a short-term Pastoral training institute, which was started in October 1988 by ICGC. It was later incorporated, in June 1991 under the name, Central Bible College. In 1993, the name was changed again to Central Christian College. The College later upgraded its programmes to the baccalaureate level, and in line with national aspirations, expanded its programmes to include an integrated and practice oriented business school, named Central Business School.
To reflect its new status as a liberal arts tertiary institution, the university was re-christened Central University College in 1998. The National Accreditation Board has since accredited it as a tertiary Institution. It is co-educational with equal access for male and female enrolment. Central University has eight (8) faculties/schools, namely the Central Business School (CBS), the School of Architecture and Design (SADe), School of Graduate Studies (SGS), Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), Faculty of Law(FOL), School of Pharmacy(SOP), School of Engineering and Technology (SET) and the School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS)
In January 2016, the University College received the long awaited Presidential Charter to become an autonomous and a fully-fledged university as Central University.
Things We Covered
CENTRAL UNIVERSITY FACULTIES AND PROGRAMMES (UNDERGRADUATE)
- FACULTY OF LAW
- Bachelor of Laws
2. FACULTY OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in Environment and Development Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Theology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in French
3. CENTRAL BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Bachelor of Science in Management Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness
- Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with options in:
- Human Resource Management and
4. SCHOOL OF PHARMACY
- Doctor of Pharmacy
5. SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Science in Planning
- Bachelor of Science in Real Estate
- Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Science in Landscape Design
- Bachelor of Science in Interior Design
6. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
7. SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistantship
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
Central University Application Procedure
Applicants may also apply online by clicking http://online.central.edu.gh to buy an E-voucher for GH100.00 (for Ghanaian applicants) or the cedi equivalent of US 100.00 (for foreign applicants) at Ecobank branches. Use the PIN and SERIAL NUMBER on the E-voucher to apply online at apply.central.edu.gh. VISA branded cards and MTN Mobile Money can also be used to purchase E-vouchers online.
ATHE DIPLOMA APPLICATION
Applicants may also apply online for the THE Diploma programmes by clicking HERE.
APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO
- Upload their 2 passport size photographs, certificates/ Results slips
All Online applicants are required to present original copies of their supporting documents to the Admissions office before semester registration will be allowed.
Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications.
A FORM ONCE SUBMITTED CAN ONLY BE VIEWED BUT CANNOT BE EDITED.
To Apply Offline (Paper Application)
- Paper Application forms can be obtained for GHC100.00 (Undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) for Ghanaian applicants) and the cedi equivalent of USD 100.00 (Undergraduate and Graduate) (for foreign applicants) through the following:
- By Banker’s Draft (in favour of Central University) from the Finance Office at the Mataheko and Kumasi campuses of the university, or from the permanent campus at Miotso, off the Accra-Aflao Road.
- Ecobank, Zenith Bank and GCB Bank branches nationwide and from the 170 Ghana post office branches across the country.
- Undergraduate application forms may also be downloaded HERE and completed. Applicants would have to pay GHC 100 for Ghanaian (undergraduate) and GHC120 (Graduate) (for Ghanaian applicants) or cedi equivalent of USD100 for foreign applicants, paid at the time of submission. Graduate application form can be downloaded HERE. ATHE DIPLOMA application forms may be downloaded HERE.
REFERENCE FORMS FOR GRADUATE SCHOOL APPLICATION ARE ALSO AVAILABLE BELOW
- Referee’s Confidential Appraisal Form (Academic)
- Referee’s Confidential Appraisal Form (Professional)
An applicant must submit the following at the time of application directly to the University:
- A completed Application Form
- An official Results Slip/Certificate
- Transcripts from previous Universities (where applicable). Such transcripts should be sent directly to the Admissions Officer. It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for transcript(s) and /or transfer form to be mailed and to ensure that they arrive promptly. Hand delivered transcript(s) are not acceptable.
The completed paper application documents along with photographs, transcripts and certificates/results slips must be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer
(Off the Accra-Aflao Road)
P.O.Box 2305, Community
For further clarifications kindly call our Admissions Hotline: +233 303 318583 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org