At UPSA Law School, the ratio of faculty to students provides a functional intimacy to legal education in a way unmatched in Ghana.
Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
The UPSA Law School invites applications for admission to its BACHELOR OF LAWS (LLB) Degree programme for the 2021/2022 Academic Year. The LLB Degree programme is offered in two cohorts:
• Three (3)-Year LL.B Degree Programme for First Degree Holders
• Four (4)-Year LL.B Degree Programme for Non- First Degree Holders
The programme is a rigorous one and prepares students for admission into the professional training at the Ghana School of Law.
Three (3)-Year Post First Degree LLB Programme
This is an evening school programme which is designed for students with a first degree in any discipline but who wish to enroll on the LL.B programme with the likely intention of becoming lawyers in the future.
Note 1: The 3-Year Post First Degree LL.B Programme is an undergraduate programme.
Interested applicants must have been awarded the first degree in any relevant discipline from a recognized institution and must have obtained a minimum of a Second Class Lower.
Applicants must, in addition, have WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE credit passes of at least grade C6 or D respectively in three (3) core subjects and three (3) elective subjects or credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and any Science subject at the GCE ‘O’ Level in addition to three ‘A’ Level passes plus a pass in General Paper.
Entrance Examination and Selection Interview
The 3-Year Post First Degree LL.B qualified short-listed applicants will be required to take an Entrance Examination which will attract a non-refundable examination fee of GH¢100. Applicants who are successful in the Entrance Examination will go through a Selection Interview. The Entrance Examination and Selection Interview will be held as follows:
|Entrance Examination||Selection Interview|
|Date||Saturday, 22nd May, 2021||Date||Monday, 31st May 2021|
|Time||9.00 am||Time||9.00 am|
|Venue||LBC||Venue||UPSA Law School Conference Room|
Note 2: The Three (3)-Year Post First Degree LLB applicants are to note that lectures are held from Monday to Friday (Evenings) and Saturday (morning).
Things We Covered
Four (4)-Year Ll.B Degree Programme for Non-First Degree Holders (Full-Time Day)
Qualifications acceptable for admission:
– West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)
– Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)
– American High School Grade 12 with at least Final Grade Point of 3.0.
– WAEC General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level
– General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)/ Cambridge GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level
• WASSCE and SSSCE/GBCE applicants must have at least credit passes (i.e. grade A1-C6 and grade A-D respectively) in three core subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies in addition to any three elective subjects.
Note 1: Current final year SHS students, who will be writing WASSCE/GBCE in May/June 2021, are also eligible to apply. They will be required to indicate correctly their WASSCE/GBCE index numbers on the online application form.
• WAEC General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level must have passes in any three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be grade D or better) plus a pass in General Paper. In addition, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) or better in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and any Science Subject at the GCE Ordinary (‘O’) Level.
• General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE)/ Cambridge GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level applicants must have at least five (5) credit passes including English and Mathematics at the GCSE/Baccalaureate/Cambridge ‘O’ Level and three subjects at the ‘A’ Level.
How to Apply (LLB)
Purchase of Online Serial Numbers (OSN):
Online Serial Numbers (OSN) for UPSA are available for purchase at the cost of GH¢200.00 for Ghanaian Applicants and US$120.00 for International Applicants at the following sales points:
- Any Ecobank or Access Bank branch nation-wide
- Any Ghana Post (Post Office) branch nation-wide
- By Visa/Master Card/Mobile Money using the link http://interpayafrica.com/custom/upsa
- By mobile money (all networks) short code: *887*18#
Completion of Online Application Form
All applications must be completed on-line i.e.
- Log on to admissions.upsa.edu.gh
- Use the Online Serial Numbers (OSN) and the receipt number to access the on-line application form.
- Fill in the application form and submit it online
Attachment of Supporting Documents
All applicants are expected to scan and attach the following documents to their online application forms. All such documents to be attached must be scanned into PDF format.
- Certified copies of all certificates
- Certified copies of original transcript(s) of academic records
- Certificates confirmed by the professional body is required for professional applicants
- Birth certificate
University of Professional Studies Contact Details
+233 302 500 171
+233 302 500 722
+233 302 500 723