Things We Covered
Regional Maritime University 2021/2022 Programmes and Requirements
The following programmes are available to all applicants who wishes to apply for admission at Regional Maritime University.
Programmes At Regional Maritime University
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS for 2021/2022 Regional Maritime University Admission Forms
(i) DIPLOMA IN PORT AND SHIPPING MANAGEMENT
- Applicants must have six  passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and a minimum of C6 in three (3) passes in any elective subjects.
- G.C.E. ‘O’ Level Credit in five  subjects (including Mathematics & English Language), plus G.C.E. ‘A’ Level passes in any two (2) subjects.
- GBCE Candidates: credit passes (A-D) in five (5) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus two (2) relevant elective subjects.
(ii) DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING/NAUTICAL SCIENCE AND MARINE ENGINEERING ( 2019-2020 Regional Maritime University Admission Forms )
- SSSCE/WASSCE/NECO: Applicants must have six  passes (A1-D7) in all subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and a minimum of C6 in three (3) passes in relevant subjects (e.g. Elective Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Applied Electricity, Geography etc).
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Holders: Applicant must have credits in at least five (5) GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) Advanced Level passes in relevant subjects. (e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Metal Work, Applied Electricity etc).
- Other Qualifications: Other qualifications including International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum note of 10/20 in each of the relevant subjects, IGCSE with a minimum of Grade C, American Grades 12, FTC, City and Guilds, Technician Part II and Advanced Technician Diploma, etc .in relevant subjects which are equivalent to the SSSCE/WASSCE/NECO or the GCE will be considered.
2021/2022 Regional Maritime University Admission Forms Target Group: Diploma in Marine Engineering and Nautical Science programmes are ideal for those interested in developing Professional Careers in the Merchant Marine and Oil & Gas Industry.
C. 2021/2022 Regional Maritime University Admission Forms – MARINE ENGINE MECHANIC (ONE SEMESTER PROGRAMME)
Entry Requirements: Middle School Leaving Certificate/Basic Education Certificate (JHS), SSSCE, WASSCE G.C.E. ‘O’ Level or equivalent.
i. All candidates must satisfy specific Departmental requirements in addition to the general requirements.
ii. Final Admission onto all programmes is based on successful completion of physical and medical examinations at the Regional Maritime University Sick Bay.
[I] 2021/2022 Regional Maritime University Admission Forms – DOMESTIC APPLICANTS
All applicants for the 2021/2022 Academic Year admissions are required to use the Regional Maritime University [RMU] online application portal. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
[a] Make appropriate payment as indicated below at the various sales centers for the RMU
[i] Regional Maritime University, Nungua – Accra, Cash Office
[ii] All Branches of the Ghana Commercial Bank
[iii] All Branches of Ecobank [foreign and local]
[b] The E-Voucher contains the Pin and Serial Number required in completing the online form.
[c] Access the online form by visiting the University’s online admissions portal at www.rmu.edu.gh/admissions for details on completion, submission etc.
[i] The application documents as specified in [g] above should be addressed to:
The Academic Registrar
Regional Maritime University
Post Office Box GP 1115
Accra – Ghana
[II] INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
[a] Log onto the admission portal : www.rmu.edu.gh/admissions
[b] Click on International Applications and follow the instructions displayed on the page for the completion of the form.
[c] Applicants must print out application summary; attach transcripts, certificates and all other relevant documents. These documents should be sent to the AcademicRegistrar.