North West University Online Application
North West University Online Application, Below is a breakdown of how to apply to NWU (North-West University). You will find instructions on the online application as well as the hardcopy application.
North-West University application breakdown:
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle.
Before you begin applying online or in hardcopy, have a look at our infographic on Things to Remember Before Applying.
Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying. Find out how here.
Apply to NWU using the online applicationThings to note before using the online application for North-West University:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first.
- Once you complete an online application you may not send a hardcopy application.
- Make sure you complete the application in full (so that there’s no delay from NWU).
- Getting a NWU student number does not mean you have been accepted. You will also receive a pin number which you’ll need to use with your student number.
- If you have any queries during the online application process, you can email [email protected] or contact 018 285 4320.
How to complete the online application:
NWU has one online application form. Once you have decided you want to apply you can follow the link below to start your online application.
Things to note when applying via hardcopy:
- The “old fashioned” way usually takes longer, so you’ll have to be patient.
- Make sure you have attached all relevant supporting documentation
Application Fees for North-West University:
South African applicants are required to pay an application fee of R150. International students need to pay R550 upon application.
For more information, please visit here.
Submitting Results and Documents:
School learners must ensure that all examination results from Grade 11 until September of Grade 12 are submitted. Failure to do such may result in delays within the student’s application process. You might find that you applied early in Grade 12 and thus only sent in your final Grade 11 results. If this is true, as the year progresses and you receive more results keep sending them through to NWU, that way they will have all your results by the time finals come around.
Transferring students should also ensure that all transcripts and academic records are submitted as early as possible as well as that a final transcript of current studies being undertaken reaches the Admissions Office as soon as possible after receipt.
Please note: Some courses require you to write a selection test. Once you have applied, the faculty will invite you to come in for a test. Find out more here.
Make sure to also submit the following:
- Copy of your ID
- Proof of Payment for application fee
- Any additional documents which may be relevant to your application.
You’re almost done! Now all that’s left to do is to wait. Keep a look out for your acceptance and/or provisional acceptance letter. You are encouraged to monitor your application status at all times, and can do so here.
Do you have more questions? Check out the NWU minimum requirements page here.
Contact the North-West University:
For more information on how to apply to NWU, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the NWU on the following details:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 018 285 2227/2334 or 018 299 4383/4130/4263/2445