NMMU Vision And Mission, On 20 July 2017, Nelson Mandela University was officially renamed: the only university in the world to carry the name of Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela.
Mission, Vision & Values
…to be a dynamic African university, recognised for its leadership in generating cutting-edge knowledge for a sustainable future.
…to offer a diverse range of life-changing educational experiences for a better world.
To achieve our vision and mission, we will ensure that:
- Our values inform and define our institutional ethos and distinctive educational purpose and philosophy.
- We are committed to promoting equity of access and opportunities so as to give students the best chance of success in their pursuit of lifelong learning and diverse educational goals.
- We provide a vibrant, stimulating and richly diverse environment that enables staff and students to reach their full potential.
- We develop graduates and diplomates to be responsible global citizens capable of critical reasoning, innovation, and adaptability.
- We create and sustain an environment that encourages and supports a vibrant research, scholarship and innovation culture.
- We engage in mutually beneficial partnerships locally, nationally and globally to enhance social, economic, and ecological sustainability.
- Social justice and equality
- Environmental stewardship