Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Degree Verification, Two verification companies verify the qualifications obtained at the Nelson Mandela University, previously known as Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU). This includes qualifications obtained at the former University of Port Elizabeth (UPE) and the Port Elizabeth Technikon (PET).
The verification companies’ details are as follows:
PURQ – Qualification Verification Services (Pty) Ltd Landline: 021 880 1033 / 880 1490Fax Line: 021 880 1533 Website: www.purq.co.za Reg. No: 2004/030690/07
MIE – Managed Integrity Evaluation (Pty) Ltd Landline: 012 644 4000Fax Line: 012 644 2055 Website: www.mie.co.za Reg. No: 2003/016541/07
Procedure to obtain services from Student Records
- Full academic records cost R40 per record
- Syllabi consists of a full academic record with the syllabus of all the passed modules
- The cost is R600 per copy
- Requests are processed once proof of identification and payment is produced
- The standard syllabi take up to four weeks to complete
- Syllabi request are processed on a first come first serve basis only
- Delivery via courier service (optional)
- R70 within South Africa
- R160 for International deliveries
Consent required for third party requests
- Student to complete, sign and submit a consent form directly to Student Records
- Please request a copy of the consent form should you require it
- We do not accept letters or consent forms produced by third parties
Requester should supply
- Student/ requester details and proof of identification (South African ID or Passport)
- Selected services and the relevant proof of payment
- Delivery instructions (street address and contact number essential for courier option)
- Consent form (completed, signed and emailed by the relevant student)
Payment method and Bank details
- Payments made into the account:
Bank: Standard Bank
Account Name: Nelson Mandela University
Main Account Number: 08 026 3011
Branch: Rink Street, Port Elizabeth
Branch Code: 051001
Swift Code: SBZA ZAJJ (Payments made from outside South Africa)
Reference: Prefix (BR) and your Student Number (example: BR-194906858)
- The Nelson Mandela University accepts no responsibility for the incorrect allocation of payments received without valid student numbers.
- It is the responsibility of the Student to verify the student number and the amount paid.
- It remains the Student’s responsibility to ensure that sufficient time is allowed for the payment to reach the Nelson Mandela University.
- Records will only be supplied after the payment reflects on the students account.
First Floor Embizweni
Summerstrand Campus South
Email: [email protected]
Landline: +27 041 504 1111