National Service Scheme Posting, The National Service Scheme (NSS) wishes to inform the general public especially applicants that applied for National Service 2019/2020, that they can now check the National Service Posting Online following the below procedures.
HOW TO CHECK NATIONAL SERVICE POSTING – portal.nss.gov.gh/check-posting
To Check your National Service Posting Status, follow the leads below to access the list;
- Go to the National Service Posting Portal via https://portal.nss.gov.gh/check-posting
- Enter your NSS Number (e.g. NSSGCC100105) in the required box
- Finally, Click on the Submit button and wait for the pop-up window to open with your Posting Information.
- All newly posted Candidates should follow this step (Steps to Take After NSS Posting).
Steps To Take After The National Service (NSS) Posting Is out
1. Check the details of your posting (where you will be doing your national service) on the NSS portal.
In another way, you can send your NSS number via SMS to a shortcode that will be announced by the NSS for a little fee. (Example * 714 *77# for 2019/2020, at a charge of ghc2)
2. Log on to the NSS Website, https://www.nss.gov.gh, and click on “Check Postings”.
3. Follow the required processes online, and print at a copy each of the appointment letter and posting letter that appear on your screen.
4. Report to the NSS Regional Office/ registration centre ( of the region to which you’ve been posted) with your printed letters for verification and endorsement by the NSS Regional Director. Note that some regional offices like those of Greater Accra and Ashanti have been decentralised, and personnel are thus to report to their given zones or district. The earlier done, the better, as there may be long queues which may result in you being delayed by a day or two.
5. Upon receipt of the endorsed documents , report to your place of posting (User Agency), where your appointment letter will be endorsed by the head of the institution , as proof that you have reported. Ensure that the date of endorsement is indicated on your appointment letter.
6. Make photocopies of your dated and endorsed documents.
7. Submit the original copy of your dated and endorsed appointment letter to the NSS District Director at the NSS District Office (of the district where your place of posting is located).
8. Once this process has been completed, you are required to return to your User Agency to begin your national service in September.
9. Note that once the service starts, you will be required to submit a “Duty Reporting Form” that has been endorsed by your supervisor at your place of posting, to the NSS District Office before the 15th of every month. This is to facilitate the processing of your allowance and serve as a way to obtain information about your performance at the workplace.
10. An assessment form commented on and signed by you, will be completed by your employer and forwarded to the Regional Coordinator by the end of the month of May, and you will be issued a “Certificate of National Service” after the successful completion of your service.
Congrats to all successfully posted candidates.
Note: If you get the message ‘Your NSS Number may be incorrect or you have not been posted yet. Please kindly check it and try again’ when checking your NSS Posting, don’t panic, just check it back again another time because your posting will be updated soon.
2019 NSS Posting Statistics:
The breakdown of assignment of personnel to the various regions are as follows:
- Greater Accra region: 24,296
- Northern Region: 11,285
- Ashanti Region: 9,964
- Eastern Region: 9,801
- Western Region: 8,805
- Brong Ahafo Region: 6,317
- Volta Region: 3,658
- Upper Easter region: 2,701
- Upper West Region: 2,022
For more information and inquiries, you can contact the National Service Scheme (NSS) by visiting the official website via https://nss.gov.gh or [email protected], +233-302-772714, +233-302-772714, 6 Patrice Lumumba Road, Airport Residential Area, Accra.