National Service Scheme Disadvantages, Disadvantages Of National Service Scheme, this Document lays down the current Pros and Cons of NSS volumes and its features.
Novell NetWare 5.0
Novell NetWare 5.1
Formerly KB 2953006
1. Individual file size on an NSS volume could be as large as 8192GB compared to 2GB on a traditional NetWare volume.
2. NSS volumes are capable of holding trillions of files in a single directory.
3. NSS volumes provide rapid access to data regardless of file size and faster volume mounts.
4. NSS volumes have low server memory requirements. 32MB of RAM can mount an NSS volume of any size.
5. NSS can treat free space on multiple storage devices as a single volume
6. NSS provides enhanced CD-ROM support. CD’s are recognized and mounted automatically as read-only volumes
7. NSS allows up to 4 NetWare partitions per disk and unlimited volumes per partition
8. NSS Volumes are designed to work on Raid Systems
9. The following Name Spaces DOS,MAC,NFS and LONG are added to NSS volumes by default
1. NSS cannot be used for the SYS volume
2. NSS does not support TTS, Disk Striping, Disk Mirroring, Real Time Data Migration, File Compression and Hierarchical Storage Management