Ho Technical University Admission Requirements, Below are all the entry requirements for Tertiary and non tertiary programmes of Ho Technical University
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR TERTIARY PROGRAMMES
BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
- HND in related field or fields of study with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division)
- Any other equivalent qualification
- Applicants must have at least 1 year relevant industrial experience.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- Six passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and
- At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
- Six passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
- Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
GBCE and ABCE Applicants
- Five (5) GBCE credits including English and Business Mathematics or (2) ABCE passes.
TEACHERS’ CERTIFICATE A HOLDERS
TECHNICAL SCHOOL APPLICANTS
- Technician Part II OR III certificate holders
- Certificate II holders ( Must obtain passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
- Pre-HND candidates
1.Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
2.Must have two (2) years industrial experience.
3.Must pass a written aptitude test (English, Mathematics and General paper in the area of specific programme of study)
4.And/or pass an interview.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-TERTIARY PROGRAMMES
Course Duration: 2 YEARS for applicants with qualifications (1) and (2); 3 YEARS for applicants with qualification (3).
1.Pass in Intermediate Fashion/NVTI Grade One; OR
2.SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate with passes in four (4) subjects including English, Clothing and Textiles or Visual Art.
MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN PART I (MVT I) / AGRIC ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN PART I Course Duration: ONE (1) YEAR
- Pass in General Course in Engineering.
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics Work (MVW)
- Agricultural Mechanics; OR
- Credit in 825/1 Internal Combustion Engine Work and 825/2 Vehicle Work. OR
- 815/1 Motor Vehicles Craft Work and a minimum of TWO YEARS relevant Industrial Experience.
MOTOR VEHICLE TECHNICIAN PART II (MVT II)/ AGRIC ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN PART II Course Duration: ONE (1) YEAR
- Motor Vehicle Technician Part I Certificate or
- Agricultural Engineering Technician Part I.
CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE PART I (CTC I)– Course Duration: 1 YEAR
SSSCE / WASSCE Applicants
- Passes in Core English, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science/Core Science plus two (2) relevant Technical or Science elective subjects. OR
- General Course in Construction (G.C.C.) Certificate. OR
- Advanced Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery (C&J) or Painting and Decorating (P&D) or Block-laying and Concreting (B&C).
CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE PART II (CTC II)–Course Duration: 1 YEAR Applicants must have Construction Technician Course Part I Certificate.
CERTIFICATE II PROGRAMME – Course Duration: 2 years
Passes in two core subjects i.e Mathematics, English, integrated Science/Core Science/Agriculture Science plus passes in any two (2) relevant electives
Cookery N.V.T.I Grade 1&2 Certificate holders
DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS STUDIES (ACCOUNTING, SECRETARYSHIP, MARKETING, MANAGEMENT AND STATISTICS OPTIONS)
Passes in (4) subjects: i.e. English, Mathematics and any other two relevant subjects.
General Business Certificate Applicants
Four (4) passes at General Business Certificate Examination (RSA II) including English Language and Business Communication.
DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – Course Duration: 2 years
- SSSCE: 3 credits or better with passes in English Language or Mathematics.
- WASSCE: 3 credits or better with passes in English Language or Mathematics.
- General Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) with passes in English Language and Mathematics.
- Candidates with 2 passes or more in DBS will do one (1) year only.
EEE TECHNICIAN PART III(Course Duration – 1 Year)
Applicants must have EEE Technician Part II Certificate
EEE TECHNICIAN PART II
- Passes in 3 courses in EET I
- Advanced Electrical Installation (Course C) Certificate.
Passes in Core English Language, Core Mathematics, Core Science / Integrated Science and elective subjects including Physics, Mathematics and either Chemistry or Applied Electricity OR Electronics OR Biology. Technical Drawing is acceptable in place of Chemistry. In all five (5) subjects with aggregate 23 or better for SSSCE and 33 or better for WASSCE.
EEE TECHNICIAN PART I
Passes in Electrical Installation Works (Course B) Certificate
Passes in Core English Language, Mathematics, Science /Integrated Science plus 2 passes in elective Mathematics and either Physics, Applied Electricity, or Electronics or Technical Drawing.
PRE-HND ACCESS COURSE FOR TECHNICAL/VOCATIONAL SCHOOL GRADUATES
The duration of this programme is one year. It is designed for graduates of Technical and Vocational Institutions who have successfully completed their programmes of study and wish to pursue an HND programme in the Polytechnic.
- Applicants should posses a minimum qualification of Intermediate or Craft Certificate or its equivalent in the relevant area of study.
- Students with SSSCE (A-D) or WASSCE (A1-C6) in any two relevant electives.
Successful Pre-HND candidates will proceed to enroll in any of the following Programmes:
- HND Agricultural Engineering
- HND Automobile Engineering
- HND Building and Construction Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- HND Fashion Design and Textiles
- HND Industrial Art
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management
International applicants may be admitted on the basis of qualifications from their countries for which equivalence shall be determined by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana and submitted to Ho Polytechnic.
Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicant from non -English speaking countries. International applicants are also requested to acquire Non-Citizens Ghanacard as a pre-requisite for admission. International applicants who fail to provide evidence of having acquired this card will not have their applications processed.