How To Apply At NMMU, Nelson Mandela University (NMU) encourage prospective students (Undergraduates) to apply online or paper based application forms soon as possible for 2019 academic year.
Application deadline are as follows:
Applications for 2019 open: 1 April 2018
Early closing date: 02 August 2018
Late closing date: 30 September 2018
Institution: Nelson Mandela University (NMU)How to Apply
To apply to study at Nelson Mandela University (NMU) go to: https://www.mandela.ac.za/Apply
You may apply by following one of these routes:
- Apply online for Postgraduate studies (PG Diploma, PG Certificate, Honours, Master’s or Doctoral Degrees). Undergraduate, BTech and Advanced Diploma applications are closed;
- Postgraduate applicants must also complete the relevant Postgraduate form (U24) For information on postgraduate programmes, please consult the General Information and Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Programmes.
- Make sure you have paid the Application fee (international students only), before submitting your application form.
- Your application form must be accompanied by:
- a certified copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- a most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam report (No March results), or if you have already passed Grade 12, a certified copy of your matriculation certificate, or results as well as certified copies of diploma/degree certificates and academic records for postgraduate applications,
- a certified copy of your ID/Passport,
- a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependent, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- Either an acknowledgement letter or outcome of your admission will be sent to you within 10 working days during April to June. During the period leading up to the closing dates stipulated above the turnaround time will be 14 – 20 working days.
- If your admissions points and school subjects do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme, you may be requested to write an access assessment test.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your specific faculty which can be downloaded from the links on the right of this page.
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via sms, or a letter posted to your postal address. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are provisionally admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is subject to your final NSC results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme.