BEngHons Industrial Engineering
The degree is awarded on the basis of examinations only.
Other programme-specific information
- Resource Optimisation (RO)
- Supply Chain Engineering (SCE)
- Business Process Management (BPM)
Industrial Engineers are not allowed more than 2 appropriate modules from other departments.
Non-Industrial Engineers are not allowed more than 1 appropriate module from other departments.
A maximum of 3 approved modules may be selected from other departments
Examinations and pass requirements
- The examination in each module for which a student is registered, takes place during the normal examination period after the conclusion of lectures (i.e. October/November or May/June).
- A student registered for the honours degree must complete his or her studies within two years (full-time), or within three years (part-time) after first registration for the degree: Provided that the Dean, on recommendation of the relevant head of department, may approve a stipulated limited extension of this period.
- A student must obtain at least 50% in an examination for each module where no semester or year mark is required. A module may only be repeated once.
- In modules where semester or year marks are awarded, a minimum examination mark of 40% and a final mark of 50% is required.
- No supplementary or special examinations are granted at postgraduate level.
Pass with Distinction