Sefako Makgatho Nsfas, The National Student Financial Aid Scheme will be opening applications for financial support for the 2018 academic year on 01 August.
Students are advised to prepare their supporting documents that must be submitted with their application.
The required supporting documents are:
- Certified ID or birth certificate copy of the applicants;
- Certified ID copy of the applicants’ parents or guardians, as well as certified ID copies of household members;
- Certified copy of the pay advice or letter of employment that reflects the household income.
For more information, please follow this link: https://www.nsfas.org.za/content/checklist.html
NSFAS Bursary Agreement (NBA)
NOTICE TO ALL NSFAS FIRST ENTERING STUDENTS AND SENIOR STUDENTS THAT APPLIED TO NSFAS FOR THE FIRST TIME FOR 2018
PROCESS FOR SIGNING OF THE NEW BURSARY AGREEMENT (NBA)
- You will receive an e-mail notification to sign online;
- The e-mail will contain a link where you can click to reach the online portal;
- You will be required to input your ID number to receive the One Time Pin (OTP). The OTP will be sent through an SMS (to your number registered with NSFAS;
- You must sign the NBA online; and
- Once you have signed, you will see a notification stating that the Terms and Conditions of the agreement have been submitted, which indicates that you have signed successfully.
Please note that NSFAS will only make payment to students who have signed successfully. The deadline for the signing of all NBA’S at SMU is FRIDAY, 6TH JULY 2018.
PLEASE NOTE : ALL STUDENTS WHO RECEIVED NSFAS IN 2017 MUST NOT SIGN THE NBA ONLINE.