University Of Pretoria Transcripts
University Of Pretoria Transcripts, MIE administers Academic Transcripts on behalf of the University of Pretoria. Product, scanning and courier prices are available on the request form and also in our terms and conditions.
- A tax invoice will be forwarded to you as proof that your request / proof of payment was received by MIE and that your request was loaded and forwarded to the University of Pretoria for processing.
- If you have not received a tax invoice within 24 hours after your request was forwarded to MIE please send an email to email@example.com
- Please take note that this service is currently only available for formal University of Pretoria (UP) qualifications (no short courses).
- Please also take note that the University of Pretoria cannot confirm that alumni attended classes in a specific language.
How it Works
This should be read in conjunction with the detail on the request forms and the Terms and Conditions.
All products supplied by the University of Pretoria is covered under one collective name: Academic Transcripts.
All Academic Transcript products are compiled and printed at UP and thereafter sent via courier to the specified delivery address (please see additional cost towards courier and or scanning fees). Documentation can be collected from the MIE Office in Centurion or from the University of Pretoria. You can also make use of your own courier services.
- MIE provides all documents in English – currently the default language of the University of Pretoria.
- Print the request form
- Fill out and sign
- Ensure that you do not have an outstanding account with UP. MIE will not be able to assist with the releasing of any records if you have an outstanding account. To confirm your account status with UP please contact the Finance Deptartment at the University of Pretoria: Frans Mothogoane – 012 420 5112 or Tinus Venter – 012 420 5110 before making a payment to MIE for products required
- Make your payment for the products you requested as well as scanning and or courier fees.
- Email your proof of payment together with the application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIE captures the request within 1 business day (24 hours) after your proof of payment was confirmed by Standard Bank.
- Once captured, a tax invoice as confirmation that your request has been received by MIE and loaded onto the MIE system will be sent to you via email. Tax Invoices cannot be processed before proof of payment is received. Tax Invoices can also not be raised in the name of third party as this process is completely system driven and according to processes a third party is not allowed to request documents on behalf of alumni.
- Turnaround time can be calculated from the time your request is loaded on the MIE system.
- Please make use of paragraph D on the request form for special requirements.
- Attach all questionnaires and additional information to your request form and proof of payment.
- Detail communicated to MIE telephonically or via email will not be used when your request is processed.
- Please take note that fees / prices can change without prior notice.
Submission to be made via email to email@example.com or via fax to 086 511 2236 together with the proof of payment.
Terms and conditions
This service is only offered for qualifications (i.e. degree and official diploma courses) from UP and is also offered for all alumni of UP i.e. any former students of the UP, whether they are enrolled for further studies or not.
Academic Records are not provided for courses that students are currently registered towards – the student has to approach the UP ‘Client Services Centre’ for assistance. After completion of any qualification at UP, every alumnus is supplied with an Academic Record (sent to the former student, together with the finalist letter) and a declaration (issued at the official graduation ceremony). If not received prior to or on the day of graduation, please query with the UP Administration Centre or your Faculty. All transcripts must be requested through MIE. MIE is unable to provide documents for informal courses such as short courses, Academic Records, Academic Transcripts, translations and certificates or answer questionnaires for any other tertiary institution, which includes ‘Continuing Education at UP’.
MIE provides all documents in English – currently the default language of the University of Pretoria.
As per UP Policy, only documented information found in academic year books can be included in the Academic Transcript. No information from study guides or additional information supplied by lecturers will be included. Practical hours completed should be supplied as additional information (see page 3, paragraph D of the request form).
All documents will be printed in color on UP letterheads and signed by an authorised UP representative. The certificate of conduct (unofficial document) will be printed on a blank page and stamped and signed by the authorised UP representative.
MIE / UP cannot be held responsible for loss of products, transport cost or any other costs incurred by the client due to a failure of either, Eskom, Telkom, or the South African Power and Telecommunications utilities respectively.
MIE / UP can also not be held responsible for a delay in feedback due to protest actions taking place at the premises of the University of Pretoria.
An email notification will be sent confirming that the document will be dispatched via our courier services or emailed.
Please take note: If more than one (1) product is requested the longest turnaround time will apply to the entire request.
Published turnaround times will not apply for qualifications obtained from Vista University, Goudstad, Heidelberg, NKP (Normaal Kollege Pretoria), Pretoria College of Education and Nursing qualifications obtained from the Nursing Faculty at UP.
Charges and Payment
You can make an electronic transfer or a direct deposit to the MIE Standard Bank account. Please see Transcript Request Form for banking details.
If you are paying from a non-South African bank account, you must pay the mandatory ‘International Administration Fee’. This covers forex fees and banking fees but not delivery fees.
Please confirm the amount due to MIE before making payment. MIE will not be liable for additional fees incurred as a result of incorrect amounts paid, nor the delay in processing the request.
The full academic history is provided in the ‘Academic Record’, and is not charged per qualification. Prices for all other products (‘Academic Transcript’, ‘Questionnaire’, ‘Declaration reprint / Translation’) are charged per qualification (e.g. A Bachelor’s degree and an Honours degree and a CTA count as 3 separate qualifications).
Prices for additional copies are charged per copy, per document requested.
Published prices / fees can change without prior notice.
If you request and pay for an Academic Transcript (product 2), you are not required to pay for a Questionnaire should you require one too. If any other product is requested together with a Questionnaire you will be required to pay the R108-00 per qualification obtained for the Questionnaires. Payment terms are strictly cash on order. If full payment is not received together with the transcript application form, the request will not be processed. No credit card payments will or can be processed.
MIE charges a R50-00 administration fee for overpayments if a refund is required.
A cancellation fee of 50% of the total amount paid will be charged where the request is cancelled more than 24 hours after it has been received by MIE, provided the request was not loaded on the MIE system yet.
Should the data subject have an outstanding account, a fine or outstanding library material at UP or there is a block on the data subject’s Academic Record, monies paid to MIE for the compilation of the Academic Transcript will be forfeited, unless the data subject settles accounts in arrears with UP, and the block is lifted, within 10 working days of MIE notifying the client and the data subject. The client must notify MIE in writing that the block has been lifted.
Written Consent Required
A signed MIE Transcript Request Form is required for all transcript requests for qualifications obtained from the University of Pretoria, the proof of payment for the specific products ordered, courier fees and/or scanning fees should be forwarded to MIE