Stellenbosch University Application, Thank you for your interest shown in Stellenbosch University! If you already know which programme you would like to apply for and meet the set admission requirements, kindly click on the button below and apply now
In order to apply online, you will need a valid mail address and cell/mobile phone number. Correspondence will be sent to the email address provided and messages to the cell/mobile phone.View our 8-step guide to ensure that your application is complete.
Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with the closing date of the programme you wish to apply for and note that new applicants are only permitted one choice of programme upon application.
International applicants (applicants with citizenship other than from South Africa) need not pay the R100.00 application fee.
All new applicants are advised to review the guidelines on how to apply here.
Should you require assistance with finalising and completing your online application, feel free to contact our Client Service Centre on email@example.com/ 021 808 9111 for assistance.
Welcome to Stellenbosch University’s online application system for 2021
Step 1: Before you apply
Make sure that you understand the University’s Admission Policy, and the admission and selection criteria of the different faculties before you apply. The policy, criteria and guidelines are available at the Undergraduate Prospective Student website at www.maties.com, or you can contact our Client Service on +27 21 808 9111 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For postgraduate studies, please visit the Prospective Postgraduate Student website at www.sun.ac.za/pgstudies .
Step 2: Take note of the application dates
Undergraduate dates for all students, including international students:
|1 March:||Applications open for all programmes and residences.|
|1 April:||Applications open for financial assistance at Stellenbosch University.|
|30 June:||Applications close for all undergraduate programmes as well as for residence.|
|31 August:||Applications close for Stellenbosch University financial assistance.|
|1 September:||Applications open for NSFAS bursaries on https://www.nsfas.org.za/content/ .|
|30 November:||Applications close for NSFAS bursaries.|
|20 February 2021:||Applications close for Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Public Accountability (Telematic Education).|
MAKE SURE THAT YOU UPLOAD ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
1. Certified copies of the original qualification documents, as specified in the table below, must be provided. Please take note of the following regarding your documents:
1.1 Copies of your original academic documents, which must be stamped and signed by the awarding school or institution, notary public, or a Commissioner of Oaths (e.g. attorney or diplomatic official) must be provided. If you go to the police station or the Post Office, a Commissioner of Oaths must certify your documents. No police or post office stamps will be accepted.
1.2 No online results obtained from self-serving portals or password protected documents will be accepted.
1.3 Electronic copies provided should be clear and legible (not blurred, cropped or obscured). Only pdf and jpeg format will be accepted.
2. Stellenbosch University reserves the right to request original and additional supporting documentation should this be deemed necessary at any point.
3. Your signed contract, your application documents (e.g. your grade 11 results) as well as proof of payment (if applicable) should be uploaded online at your Application Status before the closing date. If you apply with a hard copy application, you should include all the required documents with your application.
4. If we do not receive all your documents by the closing date, your application will unfortunately not be considered.
5. It remains your responsibility to make sure that the University receives these documents in time. You can monitor your Application Status to ensure that your application is complete. Use your username (student number) and official SUN-password to sign in.