Things We Covered
How to Check Rhodes University Application Status Online
Rhodes University, Rhodes University Application Status portal is live. To check your admission status follow the below lead.
- To check Rhodes University application status got to – https://ross.ru.ac.za/
Enter your application login details and then click Submit button
Congratulations if your name is among the successful candidates in the admission lists of the Rhodes University.
Please read this section carefully. An inaccurate or incomplete application form will hold up the processing of your application. Please note that if you provide any false information your application will be rejected immediately.
POPULATION GROUP e.g. Indian, Coloured, White
We ask this question because some donors have stipulated that their bursaries may only be awarded to a particular race. The Government also requires this information for statistical purposes.
PLEASE INDICATE ANY PHYSICAL DISABILITY
Examples of a disability would be blindness, cerebral palsy, deafness, paraplegia, partial hearing, wheelchair use. We need this information in order for us to assist you with your needs; it will not jeopardise your application. However, if you do not disclose a disability in your application, you will not be able to claim any concessions in this regard during your registration at Rhodes University (e.g. extra time in examinations, etc.)
CHOICES OF DEGREE/DIPLOMA
The degrees which may be taken at Rhodes are listed under the Curriculum Selection section.
ENROLMENT AT A PREVIOUS TERTIARY INSTITUTION
If you have previously been or are currently registered at another institution a copy of a full academic transcript giving your final results is required. Midyear results may be considered but the Dean may defer his decision until your final results are available. Please submit a transcript from the institution − not a Result Slip.
Please complete in detail. We cannot respond to your application if this information is incomplete.
DETAILS OF PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR FEES
Please ensure that this information is supplied. Do not list a Bursary or Government sponsor. This must be the person who will take care of ensuring that your fees are paid. They are also the person who will liaise with bursary or Government Department to ensure that your fees are paid.
If you have already matriculated or completed your O levels / A levels it is essential that you enclose a certified copy of the certificate.
PLEASE ONLY COMPLETE THE SECTION RELEVANT TO YOUR SCHOOLING (only if you are currently at school).
Please do not use Tippex on your results or alter them in any way. Make sure that the Principal of your school completes this section. Also remember that if you do not have the required points for admission, a positive report from the Principal will assist the University in assessing your potential. If you have left school this section need not be completed.
DO YOU REQUIRE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FROM THE UNIVERSITY? (YES/NO) Answer ‘Yes’ only if you are not able to obtain funding elsewhere (e.g. a student loan at a bank). Give us some additional information about yourself.
CURRENT YEAR’S ACTIVITY
Choose one of: Grade 12 pupil at school (i.e. upgrading your results), university student, technikon student, technical college student, technical institute student, teachers’ training college or labour force (i.e. working). If you have been working or travelling, a letter detailing your activities would be of great assistance.
PAGES 6 AND 7
Complete Section Two of the form fully, giving as much detail as possible. The Deans will read this sectionwhen assessing your application. It is particularly important if you do not have the required number ofpoints for admission.
DECLARATION AND AGREEMENT
Make sure that both you this page of the form − if this is not done the form will be returned to you.
Do not forget to include the relevant application fee.
• If you intend to apply for exemptions on the ground of courses completed at a university outside South Africa, the syllabi and course content, certified by that university, must be submitted with your application. If the syllabi are not in English, it is your responsibility to provide a sworn translation.
• If you have completed courses at another South African university, you may apply for credit for such courses when submitting your application form. (Enclose a letter giving full details of credits you would like considered.) Credits will only be granted on receipt of an official transcript of results provided by the other university.
Closing dates and application fees
All applications should be submitted before the end of September
Application Fee is R100
Track Application Status of Other Universities
- University of Cape Town UCT Application Status
- University of Fort Hare UFH Application Status
- University of the Free State UFS Application Status
- University of KwaZulu-Natal UKZN Application Status
- University of Limpopo UL Application Status
- North-West University NWU Application Status
- University of Pretoria UP Application Status
- Rhodes University RU Application Status
- University of Stellenbosch SU Application Status
- University of the Western Cape UWC Application Status
- University of the Witwatersrand WU Application Status
- Mpumalanga University UMP Application Status
- Sol Plaatje University SPU Application Status
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences SMU Application Status
- University of Johannesburg UJ Application Status
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University NMU Application Status
- University of South Africa UNISA Application Status
- University of Venda UNIVEN Application Status
- Walter Sisulu University WSU Application Status
- University of Zululand UNIZULU Application Status
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology CPUT Application Status
- Central University of Technology CUT Application Status
- Durban University of Technology DUT Application Status
- Mangosuthu University of Technology MUT Application Status
- Tshwane University of Technology TUT Application Status
- Vaal University of Technology VUT Application Status