National Student Financial Aid Scheme Cput
Students entering university for the first time in 2018, including 2016 matriculates, must apply from 1 August – 30 November .University student who were not funded (declined/ did not apply) by National Student Financial Aid Scheme in 2018, can apply for funding from 1 September – 30 November .
For more information, or to apply, visit: www.nsfas.org.za
Paper applications forms can be sent to National Student Financial Aid Scheme Head Office in Cape Town via:
- Email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: 086 644 2822
- Post to: 2018 Online Applications, National Student Financial Aid Scheme Loans & Bursaries Department, Private Bag X4, Plumstead, 7801.
Please complete and submit your application online within the deadlines provided by National Student Financial Aid Scheme as the university will not be in a position to assist students who submit incomplete or late applications, or who didn’t apply to National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
NB: Applications for National Student Financial Aid Scheme will no longer be accepted by the CPUT Financial Aid Office.
Criteria – Cape Peninsula University of Technology Bursaries 2018
A student qualifies for a National Student Financial Aid Scheme loan if he/ she is:
- a South African citizen
- applied to study at a university
- an undergraduate student studying towards a first higher education qualification
- is financially needy as determined by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Means Test
- able to demonstrate potential for academic success
- unable to finance his/ her studies
Students who have received loans or bursaries from other sources covering the full cost of study are not eligible for a loan.
To find out more about Funza Lushaka (bursary scheme for teacher education), visit https://www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za/