Things We Covered
Kumasi Technical University 2021/2022 Entry Requirements
Kumasi Technical University 2021/2022 Entry Requirements, below are all the courses offered at Kumasi Technical University as well as their requirements.
- Diploma in Banking Technology & Finance (DipBTF) 2-year programme
- Diploma in Computerised Accounting (DCA) 2-year programme
- Diploma in Public Relations (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Electronic Marketing (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Business Administration (DBA) (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Procurement & Materials Management (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Agribusiness & Finance (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Banking & Small Business Management (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Information Technology (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Hardware & Networking (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Web Applications & Database (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Financial Statistics
- Diploma in Library & Information Science
- Diploma in Mass Communication and Journalism
- Diploma in Education (1 year)
- Diploma in Health Statistics
- Diploma in Statistics for Risk Management
- Catering 812/1
- Electrical Engineering Technician Part I & II
- Mechanical Engineering Technician Part 1 & II
- Motor Vehicle Technician Part I & II
- Construction Technician Course Part I & II
Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE passes including English Language and Mathematics.
Entry Requirements for Technician Part II
Four (4) passes Technician Part I
Entry Requirements for Mass Communication & Journalism
Applicants must have credit pass in two core subjects including English Language, Mathematics Integrated Science or Social Studies and credits passes in any two elective subjects. The total aggregate for the five subjects should not exceed 24 and 36 for SSSCE and WASSCE respectively.
- Must be at least 25 years
- Must have SSSCE/WASSCE passes in any for subjects including English Language
- Must pass a written examination and an interview
- Must have been in the media industry for at least two years with proven competence and flair.
The University Community wishes to inform the general public that in collaboration with the University of Education, Winneba, it is introducing a one-year Diploma in Education programme.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION
Prospective applicants must possess one of the following qualifications
- Holders of a bachelor’s Degree from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Holders of a Higher National Diploma Certificate in any field.
- Advanced certificate holders and other equivalent qualifications.
- HND Level 200 and above students of Kumasi Technical University and other Technical Universities.
F. ONE YEAR TOP-UP HND DISPENSING TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMME
A one year top-up Dispensing Technology programme leading to HND Dispensing Technology, technical courses or its equivalent.
a. Dispensing Technician Certificate holders must have overall credit and also, credit in Chemistry, in Dispensing Technician Part III Examination of Technical Examination Unit. OR
b. Must have passed the Access Course organised by the Department of Dispensing Technology, Kumasi Technical University.
G. PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMES
- Professional Diploma in Computerised Accounting
- Professional Diploma in Electronic Marketing
- Professional Diploma in Procurement and Materials Management
- Professional Diploma in Management Science
- Professional Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Professional Diploma in Banking Technology & Accounting (PDBTA) 1-year programme
- Professional Diploma in Computerised Accounting (PDCA) 1 year programme
- Post Graduate Certificate in Computerised Accounting (PGCCA) 6 months weekend programme
Diploma in (i) Computerised Accounting, (ii) Electronic Marketing, (iii) Purchasing & Supply, (iv) Management Studies and (v) Data Science.
Candidates writing WASSCE Examinations in May/June, 2017 can apply and bring their results as soon as they are released.
Applicants must have completed Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
H. ADMISSION INTO KUMASI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY’S COLLABORATIVE PROGRAMMES WITH TOPUNIVERSITIES IN CHINA
The University in collaboration with top Chinese Universities is admitting interested students to undertake undergraduate programmes.
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Business Administration
- Finance Accounting
- Engineering – Automotive
- Petroleum and Petrochemical
- Oil and Gas
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering