Durban University Of Technology International Students, The International Education and Partnerships (IEP) directorate supports the Durban University of Technology (DUT) in its drive towards becoming a globally positioned University of Technology.
IEP encourages internationalisation by highlighting activities in our departments to international and potential partners, viz. universities, industry, embassies, consulates, Government departments and international agencies, and through this, to promote the image of the institution as a reputable, leading University of Technology in Africa within a dynamic global context.
Our key focus activities:
- To develop partnerships with other Universities internationally;
- To enrol high quality international students for study at DUT, especially from the South African Development Community region;
- To service our international partnerships efficiently;
- To assist short-term and long-term international students to have a positive experience at DUT;
- To provide pastoral support to our international students;
- To provide logistical support to international visitors, scholars and students. This includes immigration requirements, medical and visa information, students welfare and advice on acceptability of foreign qualifications;
- To work with academic departments to identify suitable international partners that will promote teaching innovation, learning and research.
- Airport Services for arriving international students.
- Help with the renewal of Study permits and Visas.
- Facilitate the provision of Medical Aid to International Students.
- Recruiting of International students in the South African Development Community region as well as globally.
- Attend to International Students matters throughout the year.
- Assist Refugee students with their special needs.
The Durban University of Technology can be found in Durban and Pietermaritzburg in the province of Kwa-Zulu Natal. Durban is located at the southern tip of the African continent. Pietermaritzburg is the capital of Kwa-Zulu Natal and is 90 kilometres inland from Durban.
The Durban University of Technology is a vibrant University which provides quality education. International students registering at our university will receive a worldclass qualification within a student centred environment.