Cape Peninsula University Of Technology Admission Requirements
Cape Peninsula University Of Technology Admission Requirements,International students must follow the same application process as South African students.
How to apply
Admission requirements for the different courses offered at CPUT can be found under Courses and fees. You may also be required to complete a series of tests to assist in the placement process.
Students following the Cambridge system should take note of the following requirements:
- Passes of at least five different subjects of the IGCSE and HIGCSE study levels, of which at least two are HIGCSE level subjects.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
Other senior school qualifications will be reviewed on merit.
Evaluation of foreign qualifications
All applicants applying with a foreign qualification towards both undergraduate and postgraduate studies MUST have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) prior to submitting their application forms (see below).
The onus is on the student to apply timeously to SAQA, as this may take a bit longer.
Visit SAQA’s website https://www.saqa.org.za
Form 1 August 2014, SAQA will only accept online applications for the evaluation of foreign applications. Please visit: https://188.8.131.52/dfqeas/user/home
You should include the following with your application:
- All qualification documents, i.e. the highest school certificate issued by the official examining body.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- A cheque made out to SAQA. Information on the relevant evaluation fee can be obtained from the SAQA.
English language proficiency
To be successful in your studies, you need a certain level of proficiency in English. This includes a pass in English at A-level or O-level; a Test in English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 550; or a 6.5 on the International Testing System (IELTS). Other post-school English language qualifications will be evaluated on merit.
The Fundani Centre for Higher Educational Development supports students through a mentorship programmeto develop their English Proficiency within their discipline of study.
Visit Fundani’s webpages